Networker

Re: [Networker] netware client perfromance problems

2003-05-29 11:10:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] netware client perfromance problems
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT MEDEC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 11:10:40 -0400
I'd have to concur with what Tim's stated here..   We did break out our
large Netware box into 2 clients.  We listed the top level directories in
the volume (there was only 1 big volume) as savesets of each client.  We
did setup directives much like Andrew suggested where the one client still
included the top level volume but skipped all the subdirectories.  The
directives and this technique work well for getting multiple streams from
a netware box.   Each client runs at a seperate time from a different group.

Unfortunately, the performance stays flat ..about 5 to 7 MB/sec.. even going
gigabit to gigabit and using SDLT drives.

Robert Maiello
Thomson Healthcare