Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker won't release load port door on library?

2003-05-27 17:38:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker won't release load port door on library?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 17:38:48 -0400
I see, so the firmware version is really the model appended with the
application revision. Running the inquire command on the storage node
server shows the following for the SDLT library:

[email protected]:ATL     P1000    62200502.23|Autochanger (Jukebox),
/dev/sg0
[email protected]:QUANTUM SuperDLT1       2323|Tape, /dev/nst0
[email protected]:QUANTUM SuperDLT1       2323|Tape, /dev/nst1

and running this on the primaey server shows the DLT 7000 library as:

[email protected]:ATL     P1000    62200501.  |Autochanger (Jukebox)
[email protected]:QUANTUM DLT7000         245F|Tape, /dev/rmt/0cbn
[email protected]:QUANTUM DLT7000         245F|Tape, /dev/rmt/1cbn
[email protected]:QUANTUM DLT7000         245F|Tape, /dev/rmt/2cbn

Not sure why it just ends in a '.' I would have expected to see
something like:

62200501.21. I ran it several times. Same results. Hmm ....

Any ideas on the load port door getting locked when we use the nsrjb
command to deposit or withdraw tapes? As I said, it doesn't happen on
the DLT 7000 library, only the SDLT library.

Thanks.

George