Networker

[Networker] VMWare Backups and D.R. for logical hosts

2003-05-27 17:16:14
Subject: [Networker] VMWare Backups and D.R. for logical hosts
From: "jollyk AT charter DOT net" <jollyk AT CHARTER DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 08:23:12 -0400
Hello All,
            Here is something new...
            Has anyone tried to backup /vmfs/*.dsk and /vmconfig
            on a Red Hat Linux OS?

            It appears to backup the dsk files you need to stop the VMWare
            processes and then copy them to another location.

            I am interested in recovering the logical host instance (dsk)
            along with the vmconfig files on another machine for D.R.

            There is also a trick to install the RHL client, using rpm.
            Legato is looking for curses files that may NOT exist in
            the /usr/lib directory. If need more info. let me know..
            I will send you the work around.. This is for 6.1.3
            Once the client is installed, Man pages and drivers work with
            the supplied VMinstall script from Legato.

            Let me know what you've tried or seen.

            Thanks, Mark