Networker

[Networker] savegroup completion timing getting longer

2003-05-22 23:40:14
Subject: [Networker] savegroup completion timing getting longer
From: Colin <colin.chua AT SG.YOKOGAWA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 23:30:16 -0400
Hi guys,

I'm new to this.
Using Networker ver 6.1.1 Build 238
Been encountering slow saves on a particular directory let's call it C:\xxx.
When investigated on the subdirectories, i noticed a particular directory
and zoom in on it that is causing the slow saves, let's call it
c:\xxx\yyy\zzz.

This directory contains files with sizes in the range of a minimum 1k to
maximum 750k.
And this directory contains about 3000 files.

Now I'm dumb founded in the way that initially my saveset c:\xxx in my
savegroup was runnin fine until two weeks ago.
When the savegroup completion timing extends from an hour to a couple of
hours.

Even now i have broken down my saveset into smaller savesets but i'm still
being hit by this particular directory.

fyi there was no changes done to this particular saveset.
This directory are where all my users archive their log files.

Cheers,
Colin