Networker

Re: [Networker] "skip" schedules are running

2003-05-22 09:11:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] "skip" schedules are running
From: "David E. Nelson" <david.nelson AT NI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 08:11:48 -0500
Hi Ernie,

I thought this very exact thing late last night.  I'm glad that you can confirm
it.  I had interpreted the group resource 'level:full' as a means to guarantee
that full would always be performed.  I had thought (obviously incorrrectly)
that 'skips' would override.  But on hind sight, why would it.

Also thanks for the 'Force Incremental'.  I've obviosly been overlooking that
one, too.

Thanks again,
        /\/elson

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Bokkelkamp Ernst wrote:

> Hallo David,
>
> You may have overlooked the obvious:
>
> Why do you have "level: full;" in the group resource ? This will override any
> schedule.
> The priority is: Group Level; Group Schedule; Client Schedule.
> But there is also something else to be aware of: "force incremental: Yes;"
> This option overrides the Group Level if a full has already been performed on
> the same day.
>
> Bye
> Ernie

~~ ** ~~  If you didn't learn anything when you broke it the 1st ~~ ** ~~
                        time, then break it again.