Networker

[Networker] scheduling batch jobs on W2K

2003-05-21 12:17:14
Subject: [Networker] scheduling batch jobs on W2K
From: "Day, David" <david.day AT CENTERPULSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:17:08 -0500
Not directly a Legato issue but my needs are backup related.

We perform cold backups on Exchange servers, SQL and Oracle servers on NT 4
and W2K systems.  There have been occasions when the AT scheduler has been
cleared for no apparent reason.  I also have at least one system that will
not run a script, even though it is scheduled.  Other scripts on the same
system that are also scheduled are running normally.

Is there a Windows Cron tool or other scheduler that you depend on other
than the built in AT scheduler?  We also use Tivoli but the cost per host is
around $500.

TIA
David