Networker

[Networker] How to set "rewind/unload timeout"

2003-05-21 08:18:20
Subject: [Networker] How to set "rewind/unload timeout"
From: Johan Pålsson <johan AT OVIKSREPRO DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 13:56:18 +0200
Hello,

I have had i slight problem in our Legato installation  when i unload
tapes from our StorageTek L20 (with a IBM LTO drive).
What happens is when i try to unload a tape it sometimes lock up the L20
and the unit signals that the drive is "non-functional"
A power-cycle of the L20 corrects it, but..

I have spoken to Storagetek about it and posted our logs:

------------- FSC # 3e28 (hex) --------------
MECHANISM : DRV0
OCCURRENCES : 8074
LAST OCCURRENCE : 5/20/2003: 9:29:0:
SUMMARY : DRV Wait for Rewind Failed - Not Functional Stat
e reported during wait.
TEXT : DRV Wait for Rewind Failed - Not Functional Stat
e reported during wait.
End FSC’s

They responded like this:

"It means that the drive is not given enough time to rewind the tape
before the backup application is sending the unload command
which results in the tape blocked in the drive

Question:

It seems that it is some kind of timeout involved, how and where can i
change that ??

Our legato is: networker 6.1.1, running on Windows 2000

Rgds

/Johan