Networker

[Networker] Broad methodology question...

2003-05-20 15:01:33
Subject: [Networker] Broad methodology question...
From: Callahan Bill - IL <CALLAHANB AT TUSC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 13:51:28 -0500
I am rather new to Networker.  I have worked with Veritas Netbackup
extensively and was wondering if anyone could point me to a document
comparing the jargon between the products.

I have a very diverse list of clients that I need to backup and was hoping
for some high level examples for how to layout my groups, pools, clients,
etc.  I am backing up both Unix and Win32 hosts as well as instances of
Oracle, MS SQL Server, and Sybase.  I also have to address issues with
restricting my backup streams to a private IP network.  I have read over all
the individual docs and have a rather comfortable understanding of how each
component of the environment affects other components, but don't know
exactly where to begin.

Any hints would be appreciated,

Bill Callahan