Networker

[Networker] RESOLUTION re Fw: [Networker] Notes R6 transaction logs' backups

2003-05-20 10:36:35
Subject: [Networker] RESOLUTION re Fw: [Networker] Notes R6 transaction logs' backups
From: Ty Young <Phillip_Young AT I2 DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 09:36:37 -0500
All,

Problem resolved.   Domino seemed to have forgotten that it was running
transaction logging, so all that was required was to stop/restart domino
services.  After that, the NetWorker Module (below) began backing up the
transaction logs the way I expected.

-ty

Phillip T. ("Ty") Young, DMA
Backup/Recovery Systems Mgr.
Network Services Group
i2 Technologies, Inc.
----- Forwarded by Phillip Young/Dallas/US/i2Tech on 05/20/2003 09:35 AM
-----

Ty Young <Phillip_Young AT I2 DOT COM>
Sent by: Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
05/16/2003 02:04 PM
Please respond to
Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please
respond to
Phillip_Young AT I2 DOT COM

NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] Notes R6 transaction logs' backups

Server:  Solaris 8 running NetWorker 6.1.3
Client:   Solaris 8 running NetWorker 6.1.3 and NetWorker Module for Lotus
Notes 2.2    and Domino 6.0.1CF1

When I attempt to back up the Notes stuff via full-level backup, i.e.

        nsrnotesv -v -s nsrhost -G 1 -R

the backup completes normally, albeit without any reference to the fact
that the transaction logs have been backed up.   However,  when I attempt
to back up the Notes stuff via INCREMENTAL-level backup, i.e.

        nsrnotesv -v -s nsrhost -I -R

(with Archive-styled transaction logging enabled on the Domino server) the
output of the above command includes a message about "either transaction
logging is disabled or not in Archive mode."

Given the above configuration, shouldn't I be seeing something indicating
that my logs are getting backed up?  I think I remember that previous
versions of the NML gave some hint when the logs *were* being backed up...

TIA