Networker

Re: [Networker] Auto Media Management Question

2003-05-14 12:35:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Auto Media Management Question
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 12:35:57 -0400
On Wed, 14 May 2003 11:15:53 -0400, Chris Adkisson <cadkisson AT BBANDT DOT COM>
wrote:

>Currently, all Default volumes older than 21 days is ejected from the
>library.  This includes for pools Default, Default1, Default2, Default3,
>Default4, and Default5.  If I turn on Auto Media Management under the
>jukebox resource (it's an L700 with 20 DLT7000 drives), and then proceed to
>insert the aforementioned volumes when they go recylable, will Auto Media
>Management see these volumes as previously labeled and not use them or will
>it see them as recyclable and relabel them to whatever pool may be in need?

It won't label them as they already have labels on them. Auto Media
Management is only for labelling new tapes. If you want the recyclable
volumes to recycle between pools, you need to set the appropriate option in
the pool resources. You do not need to have Auto Media Management turned on
for this to work.