Networker

[Networker] Evaluating Replistor

2003-05-12 17:43:00
Subject: [Networker] Evaluating Replistor
From: "Riggins.Rodney" <Rodney.Riggins AT FTB.CA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 14:42:57 -0700
Hello!

My group is considering using Legato Replistor to replicate data to one or
two centralized servers, then back-up the one or two centralized servers
using networker.  This would eliminate the need for several off-site storage
nodes (distributed nationwide) which we are currently supporting.  I'm
thinking that there could be significant cost savings here not having to
have someone at the offsite offices handle tapes, eliminate shipping costs
to send offsite tapes back and forth, etc.

I just wanted to get an idea of how good the product is from those of you
who are currently using it.  Has anyone ever had to fail-over?  Was the
fail-over successful?  Were there any 'hitches' or tricks to it?  Any
configuration advice?

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Rodney Riggins
Audit Network Administration
(916) 845-7492