Networker

Re: [Networker] Moving SSID's from one file device to another.

2003-05-07 11:42:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Moving SSID's from one file device to another.
From: Michael Golub <m.s.golub AT LARC.NASA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 11:42:31 -0400
Be careful using nsrstage if you have cloned any of the savesets on these
devices.

If you use the command "nsrstage -b pool -m -S ssid", then all of the existing
copies of the saveset are removed from the media database after staging has
completed. Not just the copy which was moved, but all copies including your
clones.

You must use "nsrstage -b pool -m -S ssid/cloneid" to ensure that your cloned
copies of the saveset are not removed from the media database.