Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup of Netapp filer

2003-05-07 10:38:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup of Netapp filer
From: agascoyn <agascoyn AT ESO DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 16:24:43 +0200
Hi Andreas

We succsessfully backup our NetApp filer over nfs, some 2TB data without
any issues, obviously snapshots dependent on how you configure them use
lots of space as well.

We can happily restore as well although a word of caution, if you are
using snapshots, you  need to remember to turn these off as these will
increase your backup data expedentially:

nosnapdir on volume name (for us ie: nosnapdir on data1)

This may look strange but it comes under the realms of perverse logic.

I don't know how much you know about the NetApp filer but feel free to
email me directly with any questions.

The difference over nfs as opposed to NDMP in my opinion is not that
great in terms of backup speed, especially when you have to consider the
licence to backup over ndmp is in the region of 20,000 Euro's

Regards

Andrew

Schoder Andreas wrote:

Hi all,

Is there a possibility to backup nfsmounted filesystems?
Standard the nfs filesystems are skipped by Networker.

We want to backup a Networkfiler, but we have no NDMP License.

kind regards,
--
---
Schoder Andreas, Systems Engineer