Networker

[Networker] full win2k recovery missing some files?

2003-05-05 08:36:32
Subject: [Networker] full win2k recovery missing some files?
From: Chris.Campbell AT FAC DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 08:36:32 -0400
We had a remote server die (array controller crashed, lost all data) a
couple days ago, and networker saved us.  Luckily i had the saveset set to
"ALL", so
most of everything came back after we did the OS restore and installed
legato.  Some of the issues were, the file shares were lost, and some of
the application that
were services before (domino) were not installed as services anymore.  My
question is, has anyone ever tried to do a complete restore before, and if
so, how successful were you?  Has anyone else seen this happen before?

Thanks,
Christopher S. Campbell
UNIX Admin
First Albany Corp