Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker software updates price increases?

2003-04-30 21:36:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker software updates price increases?
From: George Scott <George.Scott AT ITS.MONASH.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 11:29:34 +1000
Tim,

> Has anyone else renewed their software updates and support agreement
> recently, and noticed a significant price jump over last year?  Doing the
> math, most of our "smaller" enablers (e.g. 5 Client connection enablers,
> 1-64 slot jukebox) went up 15% in price, while our bigger enablers (25
> client connections, unlimited slot jukebox) went up 25% in price.

I haven't noticed that (yet).

I did notice, however, that their SilverCare thingy has increased
slightly from AU$2,000 to AU$20,000 per year ("price hike" was a media
cliche that sprang to mind).

There would want to be a significant improvement in the quality of
service delivered for it to be worth the new cost ($2K was already
stretching it).

Maybe this is an attempt to improve their turnover figures to justify a
better sale price to the EMC share holders.

George.
--
George Scott           George.Scott AT its.monash DOT edu
Systems Programmer, IT Services, Monash University