Networker

Re: [Networker] Client scheduled backup will not start!

2003-04-30 15:02:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client scheduled backup will not start!
From: "Mark Bradshaw (BTOpenWorld)" <notthehoople AT BTOPENWORLD DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 20:07:30 +0100
Hi Lynsey,

Have you tried running a probe on this client? If not go to a command prompt
on the backup server and run:

savegrp -pv -l full -c <your problem client> <Problem Client's Group Name>

And see what error message this produces (if any). At least this way
NetWorker can't hide what it is doing from you and you should see what it is
trying even if it doesn't complete! Let me know what this comes back with
please as it sounds bizarre!

I *have* seen this before where we had a very weird network setup (multiple
backup networks which couldn't talk to each other, broken routing) but that
doesn't sound like what you've got here....

Cheers

Mark