Networker

[Networker] Stopping SAP backup at First Error

2003-04-29 11:42:10
Subject: [Networker] Stopping SAP backup at First Error
From: Matteo Scicolone <m.scicolone AT TERASYSTEM DOT IT>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:42:08 -0400
Hello,

I have a question for you all that use the Networker Module for SAP on
Oracle.

I have many big instances (>900 GB) to backup on my Networker 6.1.3 backup
server. The problem is that sometimes I receive errors backing up some
tablespace. The backup does not stop at the first error, but goes on with
the remaining tablespaces.

Since it it difficult to discover the failed tablespace and restart their
backup later on, I would like to know if there is some parameter that I can
set, maybe on my .utl file, to teach BRBACKUP to stop when it encounters
the first error. Doing this way, I can check the error, fix it and restart
the whole backup job.

Is it possible ? Has anyone of you any experience in this ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Matt
ITALY