Networker

[Networker] Unfortunate discovery - RAP error

2003-04-24 01:24:45
Subject: [Networker] Unfortunate discovery - RAP error
From: Paul English <penglish AT HYDRO.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:14:37 -0700
I took over a Networker installation (Solaris 5.7, Networker 5.1 Build
103) about 1.5 yrs ago - I didn't realize I should be getting emails from
savegroup - and I wasn't. They were getting delivered to root on the
server, but not to me.

I discovered the following errors:
* charon:/usr1 3 retries attempted
  charon:/usr1 no cycles found in media db; doing full save
* charon:/usr1 save: RAP error, Too many clients.  Maximum is 0
* charon:/usr1 save: Cannot open save session with

for 3 clients. Unfortunately this was part of trying to restore one of
those clients.

Am I wrong, or has this client simply not been getting backed up?

I suppose I'm a fool for not wanting, figuring out and getting daily
confirmation that all of my backups were running. I'm wiser now.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Oddly enough it says the Maximum is 0, while it is actually 10, (9 if you
don't count the server), and other clients have definitely been getting
backed up.

Paul