Networker

[Networker] Savepnpc Questions...

2003-04-23 11:14:55
Subject: [Networker] Savepnpc Questions...
From: "Fowler, Carter" <CFowler AT CITY.LONDON.ON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:14:27 -0400
Hello all;

Server: NW v6.1.1 on a Compaq ML370 G2 within a Win2K environment.

We have 11 database servers (networker clients) which run in GroupA from
Monday to Thursday and GroupB on Fridays.  The clients run cold every
Friday which requires that we use the savepnpc command (unless we
manually take down the dbs).  For the past couple of months, the
pstclntsave.exe appears not to execute correctly, in fact not at all, on
10 / 11 of the clients.  I was just curious to know if anyone else has
witnessed a similar experience.

This phenomenon just began out of nowhere with no warning.  All Monday -
Thursday backups begin / complete successfully.  I had first thought it
might be the <groupname.res> file. However, those files have all been
destroyed and created from scratch and tested successfully.  The server
which succeeds appears to be random.

Appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Carter Fowler
Hardware Service Technician