Networker

[Networker] "Waiting for 1 writable volumes"

2003-04-21 04:23:59
Subject: [Networker] "Waiting for 1 writable volumes"
From: Yura Pismerov <ypismerov AT TUCOWS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 21:23:25 -0400
        Sometimes (not always) after a group start Networker keeps asking for a
tape that could be mounted on second drive that is idle at the moment
but for some reason it does not eject the tape from another pool that is
already in the drive.
So instead of using 2 drives it ends up with one drive. I watch nsrjb
process that is issued for the second drive and keeps looping/trying.
Does anybody have an idea what is wrong ? There is not much in the logs
files that could shed light on the problem.
The version of Networker is 6.1.3 (running on Solaris 9).
Interesting thing is, if I kill the queued nsrjb process and issue
manual tape umount (nsrjb -u), the requested tape gets mounted right
away next time it retries.
What do I do to troubleshoot the problem ?

        TIA.