Networker

Re: [Networker] SAN Tape Drive / Storage / Host Connectivity

2003-04-11 10:42:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] SAN Tape Drive / Storage / Host Connectivity
From: Terry Lemons <lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:41:59 -0400
Hi Mark

UNOFFICIALLY, I'll tell you that combinations of FC HBAs from multiple
vendors, used in the same SAN, SEEMS to work just fine in our lab
environment.  BUT I wouldn't implement this unless the combinations you want
to use have been tested, and will be supported, by your vendors.  FC SANs
are just too new to expect solid interoperability; they just don't have the
miles under the wheels that, say, Ethernet does.  Please note that I'm NOT
saying the components don't work well; it's just that, in some increasingly
isolated cases, components from different vendors may not work well
together.

Hope this helps.
tl