Networker

Re: [Networker] two instances of a volume (?)

2003-04-08 18:46:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] two instances of a volume (?)
From: "Lewis, Terry {Info~Palo Alto}" <TERRY.LEWIS AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:45:01 -0700
Dave,

  If you add '-v' or '-V' to the mminfo command, it should display a volid
for each volume listed.  You can use the volid to remove the duplicate
volume.  You should be able to tell from the list of savesets on the
appendable volume which of the 2 volume records you need to delete.

  I'd watch this situation very carefully.  I suggest you check the log file
on your NetWorker server to see when and how the duplicate volume
cropped up.  After several cases of this and losing a couple of "live"
backup volumes along the way, I reported the problem to Legato.  They
accepted the problem as a bug and created a special binary for 6.0.x
to half-way fix it.  This half fix is included in 6.1.3 and the full fix is
supposedly included in 7.0.

Terry