Networker

Re: [Networker] Save set staging

2003-04-03 21:42:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] Save set staging
From: George Scott <George.Scott AT ITS.MONASH.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:35:14 +1000
> It means you have "grandfather rights" to use the feature.
>
> I would guess that the term is derived from immigration, where if your
> grandfather/grandmother is from a particular country then you will have a
> right of residence or citizenship.

Ah.  A parochial term.  I guessed at its meaning, but not the
derivation.

I'm probably just as guilty.  We often use familiar terms not
understanding that they are very localised.

>> Solaris ClientPak?
> Solaris ClientPak is a chargeable option already! At least the Unix
> ClientPak (which includes Solaris) is chargeable if your NetWorker server
> runs on Linux or Windows.

That is what I was hinting at; splitting the UNIX ClientPak into each
separate flavour in order to increase income.  Linux might be just for
starters.

>> Media Multiplexing Option?
>
> Don't! You're just giving them ideas!  :-(

Sorry, I'll shut up now...

[returns to mushroom state]

George.
--
George Scott           George.Scott AT its.monash DOT edu
Systems Programmer, IT Services, Monash University