Networker

Re: [Networker] Netware client backup from a UNIX server

2003-03-31 16:52:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Netware client backup from a UNIX server
From: Timothy Biles <tbiles AT D.UMN DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:52:41 -0500
The SMDR NEW procedure did not work either.  I have submitted a support
request to Sun (we have the Solstice, which is repackaged Legato).  I'm not
looking forward to that, as there is usually a long run around going
through things I've already tried from previous problems.

It is strange, as I can run a manual backup and restore from the server
console.  Anything I try from the server side ends up with the TSA error.
My server backs up fine with Arcserve (which uses the TSAs) so I have a
hard time believing there is anything wrong with the TSAs.  I also tried
the TSATEST.NLM utility from Novell, and it appears that SMS communications
is taking place just fine.