Networker

[Networker] W2K and securepath

2003-03-26 07:40:07
Subject: [Networker] W2K and securepath
From: Juan Fau <jfauv AT YAHOO DOT ES>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:40:03 +0100
Hi all,

I´m having a problem with Legato NetWorker in a SAN
environment. When I start a backup, users can´t access
files. Error in Windows Event log is the following:

{Lost Delayed-Write Data} The system was attempting to
transfer file data from buffers to
\Device\HarddiskVolume3. The write operation failed,
and only some of the data may have been written to the
file.

This is the environment:
Backup server: version 6.1.3 Tru64 5.1A
Storage nodes: version 6.1.3 windows 2000 SP 3
Every server has 2 Compaq KGPSA HBA´s with securepath.
The switch is brocade with the following zones
defined:
zone1: backup server+disks+tapes
zone2: storage node 1+disks+tapes
zone3: storage node 2+disks+tapes

So zone is defined to see disks from the two HBA´s in
every server, but securepath shows only one disk to
Operating System.
But zone in the switch is defined to see tapes only
from one HBA, not from the two.

Is this configuration correct? What happens with
securepath and tapes? Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advanced.

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es