Networker

Re: [Networker] Save Set Recover

2003-03-18 16:24:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Save Set Recover
From: Andrew McGeorge <Andrew.McGeorge AT ASBBANK.CO DOT NZ>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:22:59 +1200
Baris,

My response to archive requests is to say no. Without an archive utility and
operational processes in place, you are highly likely to lose the data you
said you would keep. My advice would be to explain that NetWorker is
designed for backup, not archive, and get the business to fork out for an
archive utility if it is actually required.
You might also want to question the actual need for keeping these files.
Often we are asked to keep data "forever, in case it is ever needed" because
no one has  the guts to make the decision to throw it out.

Andrew