Networker

[Networker] offsite media list for recover

2003-03-18 10:10:45
Subject: [Networker] offsite media list for recover
From: Joel Fisher <jfisher AT WFUBMC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:10:37 -0500
Hey All,

When a recover is started that requires media from offsite I want to
send a list of the needed media to the operators so they can trek
offsite to get this media(in one trip).  I'm not exactly sure how I'm
going to go about doing this... I was thinking about creating a
notification for them... but then there would be a separate notification
for each piece of media.  Does anyone know what priority level the
notification is for media required for a recover that is not available
in the libraries?  Is there a way to find out all the needed media from
the server side?

How do other people handle this?  Do your operators have access to a
Networker GUI?  Just trying to get some ideas of how I'm going to handle
these occasions automatically (or at least without requiring my
intervention).

Thanks,

Joel