Networker

Re: [Networker] Recover speed versus backup speed?

2003-03-17 16:04:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recover speed versus backup speed?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:04:00 -0500
The file was recovered at around 3 GB into the saveset. We do not clone
tapes, so I can't try that, but I might re-try the recovery sometime
when the network is less busy. Perhaps that played a major factor. Some
users were complaining that the network was slow today. Also, I guess I
could try recovering the entire saveset, canceling after a few minutes,
just to see how fast it reads data when it's not hunting for a
particular file.

George