Networker

Re: [Networker] Bootstrap & Index

2003-03-13 10:28:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bootstrap & Index
From: Terry Lemons <lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:27:50 -0500
Hi Baris

The 'recoverable' state is completely normal for the bootstrap and index
backups.  'Browsable' means that file history has been generated and is
available for the saveset.  No file history is generated for the bootstrap
and index backups; they are not file systems or databases, but are
(basically) single files that must be restored completely.  So, keeping file
history for them is not useful.  Rather, only entries in the media database
are kept, and that is why these savesets are marked 'recoverable'.

Hope this helps.

tl

Terry Lemons
CLARiiON Applications Integration Engineering
        EMC²
where information lives

4400 Computer Drive, MS D239
Westboro MA 01580