Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato Server on Linux

2003-03-10 12:19:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato Server on Linux
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:19:31 -0500
On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:04:16 -0500, George Sinclair
<George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV> wrote:

>1. Make certain you have a proper /etc/st.conf file.

Isn't it something like stinit.def on Linux?

>One thing I don't like about the L80 is the fact that they offer no way
>to move tapes around in the library without opening the door or using
>your backup software. The problem, of course, is that you can't use
>NetWorker to move a tape into a drive without mounting it.

You can - use nsrjb -l -n

>Now you can buy a package that apparently runs over
>the WEB and uses the ip address of the library, and it's sold by
>Storagetek,

You can - and it's superb. At least the version for the L180/L700 anyway.
It's called Horizon Monitor. I don't know if it's quite the same for the
smaller libraries in the range.

>You have to look through this narrow window
>into the box and physically eyeball the slots. Of course, it's dark in
>there. The least they could have done is put a light in there.

Right! Even the L700 doesn't have a light inside - now what would that have
cost? Couldn't agree more.