Networker

[Networker] Cloning question.

2003-03-10 11:54:43
Subject: [Networker] Cloning question.
From: Lancy Quadros <Quadrosl AT ROTARYINTL DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:54:38 -0600
Hello networkers,

Currently, we are in the process of researching disk-to-disk backup systems.
One possible contender is the Quantum DX-30
http://www.quantum.com/AM/products/eb/dx30/default.htm . Our target
configuration includes a AIT-3 tape library that would be used to clone the
data from the DX-30 for off-site storage. The DX-30 writes the data as if it
were writing to a DLT tape drive. So, in theory, we will end up cloning data
from a DLT  medium to an AIT-3 medium.

For the purposes of cloning, the Legato Networker admin guide does mention that
the source and the destination could be of different types and capacities, I
was wondering if anybody has implemented cloning where the source and
destination formats were different and any issues that were encountered.

Thanks in advance.

- Lancy