Networker

[Networker] Auto media management and pools?

2003-03-10 10:31:19
Subject: [Networker] Auto media management and pools?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:31:15 -0500
If you have auto media management turned on, how can you ensure that
NetWorker will label the given tape into the correct pool? We used to
use auto media management when we had just one pool, but now that we
have two or more pools, we've gone to simply labeling new tapes as soon
as we put them in the library. These tapes do have bar codes, but this
way we ensure that they will be labeled into the correct pool.

Does anyone know if there's a way to ensure that they will be labeled
into the correct pool with media management turned on? How will
NetWorker know?

Thanks.

George