Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker security

2003-03-03 12:35:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker security
From: Byron Servies <bservies AT PACANG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:35:02 -0800
On March 03, 2003 at 12:17, Lilian Feng wrote:
> Chris,
> Thank you for your advices.
> We have tried many times to monitor the traffic
> on the TCP/UDP ports. What we found was that the
> ports used by nwadmin are mixed up the backup ports.
> When we blocked the ports in the NetWorker server
> used to respond nwadmin,  we found it also blocked
> the backup traffic from clients.

Hi,

The only way to prevent nwadmin (or nsradmin, or any
program that implements the necessary protocols)  from
viewing the configuration of a NetWorker server is to
remove it from the machine.

Consider that save and recover processes must also
read their configuration information from the server,
and perhaps this will make more sense.

Byron

p.s. I have no idea if nw7 has any changes to
address this issue.