Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker version 6.1.3 versus 6.2

2003-02-19 17:31:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker version 6.1.3 versus 6.2
From: Hrvoje Crvelin <hcrvelin AT ORCHESTRA DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:39:38 +0100
Hello,

Perhaps someone should put this into the FAQ as we see
from time to time questions regarding this "issue".

Imagine Legato NetWorker releases as NetWorker X.Y.Z.

X stands for major release (requires update license)
Y stands for minor release (additional functionality)
Z patch level of the X tree

Note: we see lately some additional functionality
added through "Z" releases, but these are minor RFEs.

So, 6.2 is nothing else than 6.Y.Z release with
additional functionality (in this case being NDMP and
XP support).  Such versions usually do not have future
regarding the "Z" story so You should apply then only
if You really need that functionality.  As 5.7 for
5.Y.Z tree didn't have 5.7.Z update due to v6 release,
I believe the same applies to 6.2 due to v7 release.

At this point, I would suggest to You to use 6.1.3
unless there is valid reason to apply 6.2 on Your
side.

Cheers,
Hrvoje Crvelin
Orchestra Service GmbH