Networker

Re: [Networker] Client based recovery

2003-02-12 07:31:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client based recovery
From: Fred M Svensson <firecracker AT RIXMAIL DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:31:49 -0500
Thanks for your tip Stan. I really appricate it.

I have considered saveset recover, but the problem is that there are a lot
of data that should be recovered then.
The full backup is around 300 GB, and are on weekends.. between the full
backup there are incr backups. They are about 160 GB each day..
So in the worst case scenario with a saveset recovery i have to recover
over a terabyte and it would be even more time consuming than the index
based recovery.
I will change the schedule anyway to have a level backup in the middle of
the week to reduce the volumes needed for the recovery.

/Fred