Networker

[Networker] Oracle Question

2003-02-06 22:51:52
Subject: [Networker] Oracle Question
From: Stephen Sellars <ssellars AT ADELPHIA DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 22:41:51 -0500
I should know the answer but don't.  Can anyone help?

Hi Stephen,
This is Carlos from Peru.
I've got a question:

I have a Tru64 5.1 cluster, with already running Legato Networker Unix cluster
client, and I want to backup Oracle DBs from this cluster, so I will
install Legato Oracle agent.

The cluster is a 2-nodes cluster (active - passive): BSCS1 and BSCS2. I will
backup just from one node at a time. Usually BSCS1 is the active
node, but in case of failover BSCS2 turns active
so backups would be initiated fron this node. The question is: Do I need to buy
one Oracle agent, or 2?

I repeat, I'm not going to run backups from the 2 nodes simultaneously, but I
will backup just from the active node (BSCS1, or BSCS2 if there was
a failover).