Networker

Re: [Networker] Different Retention per backup levels

2003-02-06 10:45:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Different Retention per backup levels
From: Ed Skolnik <eskolnik AT INTERPUBLIC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:44:32 -0600
 Davina,
I would like a copy of the script , if you don't mind.
Also how are you handling off-site tapes ?
Do you clone ?
        If Yes do you send the clone tapes off-site and if you do how do
u handle not keeping two sets of        tapes (both the orginal and the
clone).
          IF Yes and you dont send the clones off site, do you scratch
(delete from the media database) the    clones after some periord of
time so you don't have dup tapes for the full retension cycle?
          If none of the above what do you do?

Ed Skolnik
The Interpublic Group Of Companies, Inc.
Shared Services  Chicago System Administrator
676 North St. Clair Street
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Phone: 312-425-6554
Fax: 312-425-6924