Networker

Re: [Networker] Different Retention per backup levels

2003-02-05 12:56:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Different Retention per backup levels
From: Joel Fisher <jfisher AT WFUBMC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:56:14 -0500
Hey Charles,

How you have you pools/schedules/groups setup is exactly how ours are
setup. I've not found anyway around this.  Unless you want this to
happen across the board... ie you could set up 2 pools, 1 for full
backup and 1 for all other levels.  I haven't done anything like this
for awhile, but I think there is some type of gotcha with the indexes in
this type of setup.  Something like all indexes being considers level 9
or something like that.  Just a heads up, it might be changed or it
might be my faulty memory.

If you have 2 instances of the same client in the same group they have
to have different savesets specified.  If one of them has 'All' in the
savesets field, then you won't be able to add another to the same group.

Joel