Networker

[Networker] Storage Node

2003-02-04 11:32:55
Subject: [Networker] Storage Node
From: Stéphane Caron <stcaron AT TELEBEC.QC DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 11:32:27 -0500
Hi!!

I'm trying to configure a storage node. First, I install legato networker
on my client and I chose the "storage node" option. Then I use the "inquire
command" to check that I'm specifying the right device name in the right
order. Then, I run the "jbconfig" command on my legato server (winnt4.0 SP6
with legato networker 6.2 Network Edition).The "jbconfig" works fine.
Finally, I specify the name of the node in its client definition in the
field "storage node" (under Preference Pane) and I remove the "
nsrserverhost". My tape devices are on a SAN switch. (I already have 6
Dynamic Drive Sharing and 2 Storage Node enablers in place) I think that
each storage node (library with 6 LTO tapes) should create a separate
process (nsrmmd) on my legato server. I have 1 node, and then I should have
6 process (nsrmmd) for my node and another 6 for my legato server (for a
total of 12 process nsrmmd). It only creates the process for my legato
server. I only see 6 process. Why???

Will appreciate any input.

Thanks

Stef