Networker

Re: [Networker] Reporting scripts?

2003-01-30 09:01:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Reporting scripts?
From: John Stoffel <stoffel AT LUCENT DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:01:44 -0500
Marek> I also wrote my own (http://main.amu.edu.pl/~psuam/savegrp.pl)
Marek> which in turn uses nss.pl (thanks John). This way every morning
Marek> I have in by mailbox reports about NW activity.

Thank you for finding my script useful, it's always nice to hear other
people who like what I've done here.  Can you send out an example of
the type of summarized output you get from this script?  I'm wondering
how I can maybe integrate this functionality into NSS for version 3.x

Marek> For now I have two problems:

Marek> 1. If a group did not run at all there is no info about this.

This is more a networker problem, since the scheduler should always
run a group no matter what, and if it fails (all clients fail) you
should get a savegroup report saying so.

Can you elaborate more on what you are seeing, and how your setup
works?  Do you have multiple remote servers sending you reports?

Marek> 2. I need start and end times of every client in a group.

Ugh... why?  What are you trying to do here exactly?

All this info is inside NSS, but I don't care about it too much.  Look
at the report where I can give the top N clients in terms of time
taken to complete a backup.  Is that what you're looking for, those
clients which have taken more time than they should have?

John
   John Stoffel - Senior Unix Systems Administrator - Lucent Technologies
         stoffel AT lucent DOT com - http://www.lucent.com - 978-399-0479