Networker

Re: [Networker] tape drive hardware compression a bad thing?

2003-01-29 12:33:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] tape drive hardware compression a bad thing?
From: Jim Lane <JLane AT TORONTOHYDRO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:32:05 -0500
as far as my "career position" is concerned I'm getting far too old to
be hitting the job market every time some "expert" half my age does his
thing. my management seems to be as prone to overpaying for bad advice
as anybody else's.
I'm not sure what they did to the 9710. there's a little LED menu on
the front of it. perhaps I could interrogate that to find out.
as far as I know I've got plenty of spare capacity in my library, 400+
DTL7K slots. my main worry there is the amount of space devoted to
backups that seemed to work when taken that I can never seem to restore
when it comes to that.

Jim Lane
Sr. Technical Consultant
Network Services