Networker

[Networker] Linux and stinit.def file?

2002-12-31 17:19:20
Subject: [Networker] Linux and stinit.def file?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:27:44 -0500
Hello,

Does anyone know anything about the /etc/stinit.def file under Linux?
We're running a storage node (6.1.1) on a Red Hat Linux box (Red Hat
7.3). This host is managing an LTO tape library from Storagetek. I don't
see such a file under /etc, but in re-reading the installation guide for
6.1 Linux, I see the following under chapter 3:

Important: You must configure devices as variable-blocksize devices for
NetWorker compatibility. To ensure that the devices are variable
blocksize, edit
their definitions in the /etc/stinit.def file. See ?Appendix A: Sample
stinit.def File? for a
sample stinit.def file to use as a guide.

Our primary server is running 6.1.1 under Solaris, BUT because our
storage node is running under Linux, perhaps we SHOULD have such a file?
If so, what entry would be appropriate for a Storagetek L80 with 4 LTO
Ultrium drives? I checked the appendix A, but I don't see an example for
an LTO entry. Any ideas what such an entry should look like?

Thanks.

George