Networker

Re: [Networker] how to know what was supposed to have run during lastday

2002-12-31 11:37:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] how to know what was supposed to have run during lastday
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:45:22 -0500
I don't know that you can depend on email. I've seen numerous cases
where NetWorker simply failed to email squat. However, if you go and
check the saveset recover, you might see that many of the file systems
did in fact complete, while others didn't. I think the only fail safe
method would be to have a master file listing off all known file
systems, e.g. client:/filesystem and then parse this and compare the
results from mminfo. Any saveset found in the listing that wasn't found
at the desired level of completion from mminfo is suspect and probably
did not run or complete successfully.

George