Networker

[Networker] Problemwith the recycling of clones

2002-12-30 11:40:55
Subject: [Networker] Problemwith the recycling of clones
From: Kenneth Larsen <Kenneth.Larsen AT STERIA DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:37:44 +0100
Hi there

I have recently found a problem with the recycling of my clones
I use both 6.2 and 6.1.2 and it appears on both version.

I clone my full backup and store the clones offsite for some time. When
they return I recycle the clone tapes using the GUI, and keep the originals
for another year. But it appears that networker recycles the both the
clones and originals. When I make a query against the original saveset I
get the real retention period but the volume is still recyclable.

Is this normal behaviour.
I don't find it very logical that networker decides to override my set
retention period just because I wanna resue the clone tape.

Regards
Kenneth Larsen
Steria
Tonsbakken 16-18
2740 Skovlunde
kel AT steria DOT dk - 44506261 - 26306261