Networker

[Networker] Can't restore from re-scanned tapes

2002-12-23 09:53:25
Subject: [Networker] Can't restore from re-scanned tapes
From: Jason Sonnenschein <jes_jm AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 06:43:21 -0800
Hi all,

The lab I work in has been archiving data using Networker 5.5.  The archives
were created to a normal (not archive) pool of tapes, via save from Solaris
command-line.  After they were created, the index entries were deleted.

I need some tapes off the archive and re-indexed them via scanner -i.  The
files do not show up in recover, but do show up in nwrecover.  The SSID's also
show up in 'mminfo -a -v <volume>' output.  I can select the files in
nwrecover, but when I try to restore, it gives the following message

Volumes needed (all had errors):
        Unknown

suggestions?

Thanks,