Networker

Re: [Networker] problem creating a monthly sechule

2002-12-20 07:16:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] problem creating a monthly sechule
From: Jim Lane <JLane AT TORONTOHYDRO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:16:28 -0500
Tim: i expect i'll be upgrading to Networker 6.1.2 in the new year so
i'll be able to take advantage of all this. thanks for all your help.

Jim Lane
Sr. Technical Consultant
Network Services
Toronto Hydro
office: (416)-542-2820
cell: (416)-896-8576

>>> treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM 19-Dec-02 1:54:28 PM >>>
On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:47:44 -0800, Shelley L. Shostak <sls AT QSTECH DOT COM>
wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Jim Lane wrote:
>
>> Subject: Re: [Networker] problem creating a monthly sechule
>>

>> Tim: thanks for this. it works like a charm exactly as you
describe.
>> at the risk of quibbling with good news, however, I have a couple
of
>> problems with this. firstly why doesn't it work the way the
paragraph
>> in the manual says it should? and secondly, isn't this a sysadmin
>> disaster
>> waiting to happen? what if I forget about this 3 years from now and
>> don't extend the schedule? surely there should be some way of
>> defining a schedule like this definitively once and for all.
>>

>Jim,
>
>This is another area of Networker which could use some help to make it
bullet
>proof.  I have the same problem.  My solution is to have a cron job
which runs
>periodically in Decemeber and sends email reminding me to set the
schedules
>for the next calendar year.

By now I expect you have read the later responses that show the newer
more
flexible way of doing this. It is already a lot closer to bullet proof
than
you thought.

The only bit missing (to the best of my knowledge) is the ability to
do
something like "full last Sunday every month". Unless they have changed
it
recently the concept of "last" will not work.

--
Note: To sign off this list, send a "signoff networker" command via
email