Networker

[Networker] problem creating a monthly sechule

2002-12-19 07:39:44
Subject: [Networker] problem creating a monthly sechule
From: Jim Lane <JLane AT TORONTOHYDRO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 07:40:06 -0500
Hi, All

I'm trying to create a schedule that takes a full backup on the 1st
Sunday of every month and skips every other day. in the section "How to
create schedules" in the manual it describes exactly what I'm trying to
do. the problem is that it doesn't work. the paragraph in the manual
reads as follows:

If you select the Month value for the period attribute, the backup
level you selected for a given day of a given week is passed on
accordingly to the other months. For example, if the first Sunday of a
month was designated as a full backup, then the first Sunday of all
the months would have that corresponding backup level.

however when I select "month" as the period and change the first Sunday
of the current month to full the change propagates to the same date in
the next month. Changing Sunday, Dec 1, 2002 also changes Wednesday, Jan
1, 2003 not Sunday, Jan 4, 2003. how can I get this thing to do what I
want? or have I uncovered yet another "feature".

Jim Lane
Sr. Technical Consultant
Network Services
Toronto Hydro