Networker

[Networker] how to avoid typing a long list of filesystem names into a client definition

2002-12-17 12:54:21
Subject: [Networker] how to avoid typing a long list of filesystem names into a client definition
From: Jim Lane <JLane AT TORONTOHYDRO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:54:22 -0500
Hi, All

I have an AIX client with about 80 some odd filesystems mounted on it.
I would like to define 2 clients pointing at this machine, one to backup
a certain group of filesystems and another to backup all filesystems
other than that group. is there any way to specify this with wildcards
or regular expressions so as to avoid a lot of power typing. I can
select the names of the "group" in a UNIX shell command with "echo
/e[0-9]*", the names being numbered /e28 through /e64. is there any
easier way than typing in a list of names. not only would that be
tedious but it's also error prone. if somebody adds new filesystems they
wouldn't be backed up unless they remembered to tell me.

Jim Lane
Sr. Technical Consultant
Network Services
Toronto Hydro