Networker

Re: [Networker] nsjb stalling

2002-12-14 15:17:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsjb stalling
From: "Lewis, Terry {Info~Palo Alto}" <TERRY.LEWIS AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 12:16:21 -0800
Peter,

  It sounds as if you may need to manually edit NetWorker's jukebox
resource definition.  I thought the reset would have done that for you,
but the error message about slot -9999 indicates that the NetWorker
resource definition for the jukebox may have some (ma)lingering
entry for a phantom backup volume.  Via nsradmin -- for example,
     # nsradmin
     > option hidden
    then 'Select' -> 'NSR jukebox'
-- you can see the individual entries in the fields labeled 'loaded
volumes', 'loaded bar codes', and 'loaded slots'.  These fields list
what NetWorker thinks is loaded on the jukebox tape devices.  You'll
probably see at least one faulty value in each of these fields.  You
need to replace these with valid values.  If no volume is loaded on a
given drive -- hint, hint -- you can just set these values to null ("").
Once this update is saved, your nsrjb should return to normal.

Terry