Networker

[Networker] Networker server hangs up during backup of AIX client

2002-12-09 08:06:50
Subject: [Networker] Networker server hangs up during backup of AIX client
From: Jim Lane <JLane AT TORONTOHYDRO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 08:07:06 -0500
Hi, All

I have just installed a Networker 6.1.2 client on an AIX machine. my
server is Networker 6.0 also running on AIX. this is my first 6.1.2
client. when I try to backup the 6.1.2 client the Networker server
freezes solid. not only does the backup of the 6.1.2 client never start
but any other backup sessions going on at the time also stop dead in
their tracks. the only way out of it seems to be to stop and restart the
Networker server after which all seems to be well except for a couple of
"media info" messages, and the fact that I still don't have a backup.
the AIX machines, the server and the client, are both AIX 4.3.3. some
questions about all this:

- has anybody seen anything like this?
- if so, what's to be done about it?
- are there any troubleshooting tools I should be using to get a handle
on it?
- should I just install a down-level client? would this save the
situation?

TIA

Jim Lane
Sr. Technical Consultant